This recipe has a delightfully mild sourness from the vinegar, not very spicy. Keeps in the fridge for a week.
- Add 2 lb more or less of un-roasted peanuts in shell to crockpot or pot
- Add 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Add 1/2 cup kosher salt
- Add 1 Tbs. red pepper flakes
- Fill crockpot with water, or several inches over height of dry peanuts in pot
- Crockpot on "high" or "low" if using stove, for 8 hours at least
- Peanuts should open easily, and nuts should be very soft without any crunch.