I'm not an experienced Unix/Linux user, but I've setup webservers, fileservers, Raspberry Pis, and done a number of command-line things over the years.
Using a SBC
I re-purposed a single-board computer that was in my Birdhouse Cam project to be a secondary-use computer. It's more than powerful enough to run the music sequencers and apps I'm experimenting with that are audio related.
- LattePanda Alpha (audio/hobby project use)
- Pinebook Pro (available, but not used much)
- A few old MacBook Pros that are either formatted w/ Linux, or could be (none in use currently)
Currently using Manjaro with i3 as the operating system.
Applications in use:
- File Browser: pcmanfm
- Web Browser: firefox and chromium
- Code editor: micro for one-off file edits and io.elementary.code for editing a folder of files
- Volume control: volumeicon
- Audio DAW: reaper
- Audio: pipewire
- Desktop Backgrounds: nitrogen
- Bluetooth: blueman-manager
- Monitor setup: arandr (gui) to config setup and autorandr (cli) to save and load setups
- Synths: lots of recommendations
- Sequencer: Orca (uxn version)
There's a lot of stuff in here by default, and I've added a couple things.
Add Screenshot Binding:
bindsym --release $mod+shift+s exec import ~/Screenshots/screenshot.png
So far I've just added a couple of aliases, but I'm sure there will be more needed soon
Print out my helper file:
alias h="cat ~/.h"
Move app to workspace: