I find it fascinating and informative to learn what hardware, software and tools people use, so I'm sharing the same. These things change over time, this is not a fixed list.
- Old Macbook Pro Reformatted with Manjaro Sway Edition, primary workshop computer
- Newish Macbook Pro Used for day job, often for personal things too since I'm using it most of the time.
- Old Macbook Pro Running 32bit Mac programs like an old version of EyeTv, for encoding VHS to digital
- Broken Macbook Pro Functional with external screen, keyboard and plugged in power. May attempt to repurpose later as a Linux server.
- Pinebook Pro from Pine64. Low cost laptop Linux, open and theoretically modify-able. ARM architecture. Quite underpowered for most tasks, but ok for occasional web browsing and light tasks.
- Grid, Ansible and Norns from Monome
- Teletouch from Olivia Artz Modular
- Eurorack modules (assorted)
- AE Modular
- Zoom U-44 portable audio interface
Photography gear now has it's own page.
- iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit
- A piece of paper with a loop of painters tape on it (to hold screws and label them)
- TS100 Soldering Pen
- Kester #951 Soldering Flux Pen
- Soldering Microscope 1-600X with 1080p 4.3" screen
- Assorted solder, desoldering wick braid
- Solder Stand with Solder Roll Holder